View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 02:16 AM
Approved Member

Playing isn`t important so much ,as it frustrates me not to be able to do little things like checking att/def bonus from hero i asked you. Now playing is secondary, to trying to make some things work as i thought of and checking `will it blend` in game

There is no need to implement 160 items in game, if you make them upgradeable : every item have this part in it`s items.txt
Quote:
price=3000
maxcount=2
level=1
race=neutral
use {}
mods {
defense=count,1
}
where maxcount is number of possible items of that type can appear in every game. So my idea is that you import some items like Tome of Gretchen , and give it 2 more lvl`s to upgrade - Tome of Kilgor and final Tome of Crag Hack (this is just expl, because all 3 of them have same basic bonus to dmg% to melee units and after that some other individual bonuses, though you might change upgraded tomes info in files to keep bonuses from previous so no to lose goblin/goblin2 bonus from Gretchen and black dragon Kilgor after upgrading to Crag Hack, or make it so previous bonuses do get lost, same as in composite items in CW holy ring/belt of victor/gloves of destroyer final item is great but you also lose some interesting bonuses when you make composite item from it components). I know this can be done with all tomes you plan to import but in this way there wont be in game shops with 20+ items. So try to get all kids from previous mod and see which could upgrade to higher bonus (i saw lots in Orcelyn/Xeona as i mentioned Gretchyn/Kilgor/Hack expl, but there are also lots of intellect/spell dmg kids that could be upgraded , or Erdamon to Boragus to Dessa (+1 all speed should be enough with all other bonuses), Drakon to Alkin to young Yog. There are bunch of possible upgrades, so only in first item should be maxcount=1, and in upgraded variant maxcount=0 so no upgraded tomes in game, only basic and player can fight them. This could reduce number of items in shops by 50% at least but there are problem of making upgrading battles for all those items, generic battles should work out so same fight for 1st upgrade same for all tomes, and 2nd lvl upgrade also same for all items only type of units change depending what `race` item is. As for making upgradeable items check my attachment in HoMM babies tread for tLegend post #93, about upgrading items, hope it will help. Moral for tomes i dont think will be necessary fighting them for upgrade should be enough.
And for number of tomes, no worries : player can use only 5 stacks in battles so no more unit related tomes will be equipped, and for other type non unit this game is random enough i dont think many other will appear in lots of games (expl in some game appearing 30 tomes, all upgradeable tough luck of it happening).