View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 12:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Buzzsaw* View Post
SaluteThis game should see a situation whereby the Germans come in high, stay high with their bombers and only the foolish end up in fights on the deck.
On server with high flying bomber groups the biggest issue at the moment, as I see it, is the Spitfires engines burning out trying to climb to the bombers.

The LW fighters are too busy in vulching attacks on RAF Base Hawkinge, because they know that any Spitfire will over heat if they rise to attack an incoming flight at 15,000'

It would be interesting to see the maintenance reports and see how many spitfires were lost to overheating engines.

According to the Pilot notes accompanying the Collectors edition. as long as I keep the RPM at 2600 with 6 1/4lb boost I should be able to climb for 30 minutes as long as I don't let the water temp get above 120C and the oil above 90c. It just isn't happenening at the moment.

I can live with the lower performance at the moment, plenty of time for that to be sorted out but for enjoyment it would be good to be able to get in a position to shoot the enemy.

There seems to be a very small proportion of Blue players that seam to resist the idea of seeing historically correct performance figures. Maybe their idea of "great and balanced gameplay" is to be able conduct the battle of Britain without an effective air opposition? (just like Herman had intended???? )