View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 11:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws2002 View Post
Ask the guy that told you a Garand is 1kg lighter than the SCAR-H to give you your money back. the garand was a great rifle, (not assault rifle), back in it's time, but it's time pzssed 70 years ago.
The heavy scar weights 7.9lbs. A Garand around 10lbs. The scar is the lightest. 308 assault rifle out there and it has everything you would want from a modern weapon.
Sorry,my memory is starting to fail me, a Garand is roughly 9.5lbs, although I bet that a modern, battle ready, SCAR-H with all modern gizmos like front knob grip, ACOG, light etc.. is not much lighter, and the M-1 still has a sleeker design and a better range. As per your age remark, the M-14 is the 50 years old evolution of the M-1, and it's still widely used by sharpshooters in the Army, Marines etc... Stuff like polymer stocks and lightened components gave a new life to an already solid design.

Quote:
The Romanian AK's are not considered that good. They work like most other ak's, but the Russian and bulgarian are the best. From what I heared the Arsenal saigas are some of the most popular AK rifles this days. Quality at a good price.
Never tried a Bulgarian, but their gunsmithing is quite good, so it wouldn't surprise me if so were their AKs.