View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 10:47 AM
Approved Member

Well this thread answered my question on existing Clod weather. ( I was looking for an answer to the arcade mode icing and turbulance.)

I had been flying mostly the bf-110 and had not had many issues getting through the clouds. But with the bombers working I have been flying the Ju-88 and have been literally dropped out of the sky on two occasions due to turbulence/icing trying to get through fluffy light colored clouds at 1500m. I had to stop struggling with them at normal climb speed and fly just below them at 300-310 then make a quick max vertical climb through them or wait for a gap.

I like the effects they are just overdone, it will be nice to see different clouds and weather at some point.

I too use addon weather in FSX Active Sky Evolution and REX for textures and the A2A B377 is my favorite. Loved doing the chicago, anchorage,tokyo route having to micro manage fuel to get there. Also the A2A B17 is great, both with Accusim of course.
i7 2600K - Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 - EVGA GTX 570 HD 2560MB - Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 - Rosewill Bronze Series 1000W 80Plus - Crucial M4 128GB SATA III (clod) - Asus VS248H-P 24" - WD Black 1TB @ 6gbps
CH Fighterstick-CH Pro Pedals-Saitek Throttle-Track IR5 - (CH Yoke for Bombers)

“The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.”
¯ Thomas Jefferson