View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 12:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG26_Alpha View Post
The whole nature of console is to pick it up play it and leave it, theres no need for mission building with consoles, once some ones done blasting planes out the sky they will switch to driving a car at 300mph into brick walls blasting aliens with phazer guns, flying round the universe at 3 gazillion light years an hour in full galactic combat with nukes and Ion cannons going off in all directions, these players dont want in game immersion they want gratification immersion, you wont change them, and you dont need to, they will progress to pc simming, the console is a vessel to progress that way if they feel the need to.
I'm a console player. I'm a PC player at heart but own several consoles and play on them just as much. I'd prefer to buy a console game that I can have custom levels in.

Other console games are going this way, either mission, map or paint editors. Halo3 even had some kind of basic mission editor in there. Crackdown had the starting of an editor too. Granted these were AAA titles but its the start of something. If you really want to see a complex editor, check out the in game Forza 2 livery editor. Thats extremely complex with 4000 layers per car part. Some of the art produced in an in game editor with just a joypad is fantastic and its all made from primatives and shading.

Some of you guys are so out of touch with what the console market is now. I don't mean that as an insult but the guys who were playing NES/master system in the 80's and PS1 in the 90's are all 30+ years old now and playing on 360 and PS3. Its not just the kids who own them these days but adults. I've read stats that state the average console owner is around 29/30 years old.