View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 10:04 PM
Approved Member

I agree with you Phat that the amount of V/ram has a major influence on performance. I don't have major stuttering but am hoping when final support comes for Sli that will cure what I have. The stuttering that I have is only micro (and only when looking down at the ground) and I have tried all sorts of testing with the settings. Running Sli, turning off Sli, going down to medium settings, but the micro stutters are still there. I have now gone back to all high except for forests and buildings which are med. My fps are good (single player London attack 40---80fps depending on action). The reason that a lot are disappointed with the performance I think is related to the PC configuration as stated on the retail box, at release and even now these recomendations are still way out and it is not giving those that bought this sim on that information a good experience. The min V/ram was stated as 512mb (1gb recommended), and cpu's at dual core 2.0gb, (Quad core 2.66 recommended), system ram 2gb (4gb recommended). Most of us are running systems in excess of the recommended and still have some problems with performance (those that are online players seem to be the worse off in that section). Thanks for the effort in explaining to all about the ram issue, I hope that the developers finally get it right. As you will see from my sig that I'm running 1gb cards and am pleased with the over all performance of my system, but it has taken some time trying different settings with Nvidia Inspector to get where I am at the moment. Looking forward to the next patch.

Asus M4N98TD-EVO
AMD Phenom2 965 x 4 3.4gig
8gig DDR3 Ram
2x GTS 450 Sli (1gig each)
1Tb HDD Partitioned x 5
700w Coolermaster single rail P/S 52a
Windows 7 64bit
19" Samsung 931BW monitor
1280 x 960 Resolution