View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 10:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
Yes gizmo can res units.
Well that automatically makes it worthwhile to consider. The document I read suggested that it could only Heal.

Quote:
As you said using frozen orb, it is good for blocking enemy archers but only ones with low initiative and cyclopes are really few in battles during whole game, and almost all other archer units have much higher initiative and harder to block more so if other flyers or fast units keep them protected.
What does initiative have to do with blocking archers? As long as I go first and place the Orb down, they can't shoot around the Orb unless they can move to a free space away from the Orb. (Same for my totems.) In the first round, units are often tightly packed so they can't move away, especially if their Speed is only 2 as is the case with many archers. Beholders can be tougher to block, but even they tend to attack the Orb right in their face instead of attacking my actual troops.

Cyclopes are of course the best to target because the Orb can roll onto them before they attack, but you still have to worry about weak enemy units diving in front of the Orb to protect a powerful unit (I've seen it happen and I was impressed with the AI-- or maybe it was luck, LOL).

Quote:
For healing dragons dancing axes work but not on : plants, undead, mechanical units (cyclops and droids from crossworlds).
Yes, I've often wished my dancing axes could heal my Royal Thorns. But it does help balance them, so I can't complain.

Last edited by trentjaspar; 07-23-2012 at 10:24 PM. Reason: added mention of totems for archer blocking