View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 04:04 PM
Approved Member

Default Plz convince me that I should get Poison Cloud and Gizmo

Hi, all. I'm at Level 16 Paladin on Normal, have unlocked all four spirits, and have had the opportunity to obtain all Spirit skills, but I'm just not convinced that I should take Poison Cloud or Gizmo. I sense that it's just a matter of play-style, so I'd like to hear the proponents of these skills to "convince" me I should invest in it.

The main reason I don't like these skills is that I like to control and predict the battle as much as I can. Random = bad (obviously it can't be avoided, like damage ranges and %crit, etc.) But why add more randomness?

Specifically, sometimes I use a weak enemy to "block" a more powerful unit. I'd be dismayed to see Gizmo "help" me by killing him. Also, especially at the end of battles, I may try to keep a weak unit around so that I have time to rez troops and regain mana and rage. Again, I don't want Gizmo or Poison Cloud killing him off before I'm ready. I also don't want to have to avoid the Poison Cloud with my own troops for fear of taking losses-- thus my playing field is limited. I'm not playing a no losses campaign by the strictest definition, but I seek to avoid all losses and have only taken 1-2 since Darion, and maybe 10 total (including the tutorial).

Another 'benefit' of not getting them is that it limits the options for upgrades at level so I have a higher chance of getting the upgrade I seek.

Obviously, there would be times that these skills, particularly Gizmo, may provide a great boon at the perfect time. And I can see how mana spring on summoned thorns sitting under the poison cloud would be a great way to regain mana. But the unpredictability of these skills overall makes me want to avoid them.

But I'm open to hearing about why I might want to reconsider.