View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Approved Member

Exclamation Units are listed explicitly for Steam Armor

Yah, those units are listed explicitly for Steam Armor:

unit=alchemist, archer, archmage, barbarian, barbarian2, blackknight, bowman, cannoner, catapult, druid, dryad, dwarf, elf, elf2, footman, footman2, goblin, goblin2, horseman, imp, imp2, knight, miner, necromant, orc, orc2, peasant, pirat, pirat2, priest, priest2, robber, robber2, shaman, skeleton, vampire, werewolf, vampire2, zombie, zombie2, demoness, sprite, sprite_lake, miner2, paladin, demonologist, shaman_blood, goblin_shaman, orc_hunter, ingeneer, witch_hinter, runemage, satyr, pirat_ghost

Whereas, for Counter-attack, it uses the feature "humanoid".

Those ATOM's with humanoid feature: alchemist, archmage, assassin, bowman, cannoner, catapult, demon, demon2, demonologist, druid, dwarf, elf, elf2, footman, footman2, giant, goblin, goblin_shaman, goblin2, horseman, imp, imp2, ingeneer, knight, miner, miner2, ogre, ogre_chieftain, orc, orc_hunter, orc2, paladin, peasant, pirat, pirat2, priest, priest2, robber, robber2, runemage, satyr, troll, werewolf, witch_hunter

Notice that the two lists are not congruent.

So the real question is how should it be fixed? I guess the first questions is how did you fix it?

Here are a few of ideas about how I'd fix it:

Proposal 1 - In ITEMS.TXT, use feature=humanoid (it might be features=humanoid) and remove the unit=list (this will exclude all units without the humanoid feature) so that Steam Armor and Counter-attack use the same list.
Proposal 2
a) In ITEMS.TXT, maintain unit=list, but note that it will be different than Counter-attack (possibly).
b) In LOGIC.TXT, create new feature (i.e. counter_attack).
c) Go through all ATOM's and add counter_attack to the features list for those units that you want Counter-attack to work with.
d) In NEW_SKILLS.LUA, change the code (line 14) so that Counter-attack checks for the "counter_attack" feature instead of humanoid.
Proposal 3
a) In ITEMS.TXT change unt=list to feature=steam_armor (it might be features=steam_armor).
b) In LOGIC.TXT, create new features: 1) counter_attack and 2) steam_armor.
c) Go through all ATOM's and add "counter_attack" to the features list for those units who are affected by Counter-attack and add "steam_armor" for those units who are affected by the Steam Armor item.
d) In NEW_SKILLS.LUA, change the code (line 14) so that Counter-attack checks for the "counter_attack" feature instead of humanoid.
Proposal 4
a) In ITEMS.TXT change unt=list to feature=steam_armor (it might be features=steam_armor).
b) In LOGIC.TXT, create new feature: steam_armor.
c) Go through all ATOM's and add "steam_armor" for those units who are affected by both the Counter-attack skill and the Steam Armor item.
d) In NEW_SKILLS.LUA, change the code (line 14) so that Counter-attack checks for the "steam_armor" feature instead of humanoid.

Proposal 1 makes the lists congruent (I haven't checked the feature= for items, but hopefully it works or it is features=), but all units that don't have humanoid listed as a feature will be removed from Steam Armor. This is very easy to implement.

Proposal 2 allows for different lists between both items and is more flexible, but has (potential) issues with congruence and is more time consuming to implement and maintain.

Proposal 3 has proposal 2's flexibility, but has the same congruence issues as well as being time consuming to implement, but it allows for the addition of new units and simply adding the appropriate feature to the unit's ATOM feature list includes them on that item's or skill's list (i.e. for Warriors of the North, although no guarantee that Counter-strike is a skill for that game).

Proposal 4 makes the list congruent like Proposal 1 and has the growth of Proposal 3, but it is time consuming to implement.

I think I'd be more for changing how Counter-attack works (i.e. make it apply to all units of a certain level, i.e. 1-2, 1-3, and 1-4 for skills levels 1-3), but since I'm not adding new features, yet, it makes sense to fix it.

What do you think?

/C\/C\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
@about counter-strike : But check steam armor item, dwarf armor that gives +35% att/def to short humanoid troops, it includes undead units that walk on 2 legs, and have 2 arms (zombies, vampires,skeletons,black knights,and necromants) it doesnt include ghosts and bone dragons (since they dont have corporal bodies of humans).
I know how to include them so sill works on them, i only discuss about errors in game mechanics. Similar as in necromancy spell to rise undead troops you need specific type of dead unit - humanoid for humanoid units, and animals for ghosts, and it`s ok. So why doesnt it work with skill that is specific targeted to humanoid units. Also with Moro Dark/Gaudi companion and Dark Mistikus (in castle Montero underground) you can change knight to black knights and visa versa or skeletons to swordman, archer to skeleton archer . . . so they are obviously humanoid troops.
And i said before, counter strike works with giants, trolls and ogres , and even little fairies ffs, why not vampires/black knights ???