View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 07:58 AM
Registered Member

I found something interesting today. Maybe it's old news for most:

Every detail is saved in the game you save, from the level playing upto everything you see.

When creating an extreme level game, save it to disc and copy it to an existing Novice sub-folder, everything change to Extreme playing, even if one load the Novice profile:- higher money per order and even the racing against the competitors.

If we can just find the bit(byte) that set the multiplying of each order.

I found that the $5,000,000 saved game from Francr to be saved in Novice, and every time loaded, even in Extreme, everything is Novice orientated.

Will try my best to get the mods right in time...

I'm not sure if I may post any links to outside sites, such as mine (which have only three(3) files on it - and that for RnR)

All 3 of this save files have $9,999,999 available, but in 3 different settings:

Expert: 51 x Trucks
Novice: Sacramento, 1 x Driver, 51 x Trucks
Trucker: 1 x Driver, 51 x Trucks

The paths are:

To upgrade each of the 150 trucks will be a job and a half, but as I said earlier, you can use a Hex-editor yourself. There are some good free ones available.

Thanks 4 a great game!

Edit:
I took a chance on the fact that the programmers will have used a double memory setting (currency) and not a floating memory setting, and was right. When using a program similar to Cheat Engine 5.5 you have to play around with the search options.

Mods like these I have placed take the fun away in the game. Everybody needs competition to strife for better.

Moderators Note:
Do not give links out like that. We don't know you, or the validity of these materials. Just tell poeple where to go, and let them decide if they want to Open/Save. That's a big no, no here due to past experience. Keep in mind that this is a questions/concerns thread. Please stay on topic.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 06-26-2012 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Triple Posting. Merged into one.