View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 08:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmd80 View Post
I have been looking for information about the use of the MW-50 system installed on some German fighters. I have read that you only turn it on at or below 50 percent thottle or you can damage the engine (which I have done several times above that setting). 1. When can I use it? 2. How long can I keep it engaged? 3. At what power setting should I engage it. Any limitations, tips, or links would be great.

Thanks for the help
In game.

1. Use in combat, almost as a rule, due to some shortcomings it is not really recommendable to use on regular basis (regular flight)
2. Depends...
a) generally until you get "overheat" message, some time after that you must throttle back or your engine will get damaged. For instance if your Bf-109G10 engine is not cooled in 305 sec. after overheat message appeared, it will suffer damage, if your Bf-109G6AS engine is not cooled in 405 sec. after overheat message appeared, it will suffer damage
b) you have MW50 fluid enough for 26 minutes, in 99,99% cases you wont get to that limit, but if you do and MW50 fluid gets exhausted (you will notice power drop, engine rpm drop, and "MW50 engaged" disappears), immediately disengage - otherwise engine suffers
3. Engage without damage is possible on any throttle setting below 100%

Last edited by DKoor; 04-21-2008 at 08:41 PM.