View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG26_EZ View Post
Macphail..

What U505 has told you is correct, regarding the location to drop a new skin.
Make sure you're not dumping the skin into your steam's il2 folder.. It must be the one in "My Documents".

Perhaps if your vid settings aren't maxed, you won't be able to use the "ingame weathering"? The weathering slider works for me, but I've only tried it with the Bf109. However, the colour selection and the serial number does not work/appear in game for me.
wait, what???? my documents??? that's on c:. my game is installed on another drive. Q: to be exact. i was putting the files in the installed directory....on Q:

i'm quite certain i have all the video settings maxed out. brand new vid card does not seem to break a sweat playing this game. i just got a gtx560 with 1gb. works great. i'll have another go at this when i get back from work. thanks for all the input guys.

edit. i can now choose the added skin, but it does not save the changes, it does not show up in game, and the weathering also does not show up. very frustrating. i can move the sliders up, and see the exhaust streaks, paint chipping etc, but then i go to play, and its the same un-weathered stock paint scheme. i still dont quite get it. all video setting appear to be maxed out, but i see no change. when i go back to look at the settings it has all reverted to original settings. arg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by macphail; 03-09-2012 at 10:12 PM.