View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 05:48 PM
Approved Member

JG26_EZ Nice find Farber. The only things that I disagree with is that the commandpost II is in the middle of the firing position and not commmandpost I. Commandpost I is located a few hundred meters outside the firing position. Below is a goggle translation of the most important information from the following link:

http://www.relikte.com/brm_flak/index.htm

"The schematic structure of a heavy anti-aircraft battery 8.8 cm in the early days of the war:

Command Post I: It is located a few hundred meters offset from the firing position and includes the predictor (KdoGer 36) with the Meßtrupp I, the battery commander and the Meßoffizier.
Command Post II: It is the Meßtrupp II and commanded auxiliary device (KdoHilfsGer 35) in the middle of the firing position and takes on the fire line if Command Post I fails.
Firing position: It forms the basic shape of a square. The average distance of the Command Post II to the individual guns is 70 to 80 m.
Radio station: The 100-W radio station is laterally offset from the firing position. It turned to flight reporting frequency and listen to the air situation reports to provide a warning when enemy planes approached."

Also note the distance between the guns and Command Post II is 70 to 80 meters and the 2 cm flak is placed between the firing position and the Command Post I.

Last edited by HenFre; 02-23-2012 at 05:57 PM.