View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 07:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtD View Post
That's not true, the number of players in hyperlobby was far larger before mods than it is now.
I would accept that is true but it does not alter the fact that numbers on servers had started to significantly reduce before mods came along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtD View Post
Nowadays you usually have around 150 players in Hyperlobby, enough to populate about 5 servers, but it's hard to find two reasonably populated servers that actually run the version of the game you want to play. And the there's a good chance that neither of the two servers running your version also have a set-up to your likings. And that, imho, sucks.
The servers with greater numbers of users are normally running UP3 mods. Servers with no mods allowed are in less demand, based on numbers seen in Hyperlobby. If you use UP3 its not hard to find a server which is reasonably populated. --- and I'm not trying to promote UP3. I actually use the HSFX mod Pack mainly offline and use un-modded online, but online activity is limited by poor internet speeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJGr.Ost_Caspar View Post
The community is not united anymore!
That is a fundamental problem, but the overall size of the community today is because of continuing developments in both official and unofficial addons. If mods did not exist then yes the community would be united, but the overall size of the community would shrink considerably.

Last edited by Asheshouse; 02-02-2012 at 07:48 AM.