View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 08:03 AM
Approved Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittle View Post
Yes, there are some bugs in there, we all know that. I must say that the time I have spent in game has been the best IL2 flying I have ever had.

Fired up a career with JG52 on the southern front, in my trusty Bf-109G-6. We ran into some ruskies, in Laggs and La-5s and a dog fight started. Believe this or not, but an element of Laggs actually left the fight, gained some alt, and came back with an advantage!!! This is the kind of update that makes IL2 a brand new game IMHO. Even the oldest stock careers are now going to play totally different. When you meet an enemy aircraft, there is going to be a decent chance that this guy is going to really give you a run for your money. With the old AI I had a dogfight with an Ace Yak-3 during a campaign and it was a 15 minute, no holds barred, dog fight. I won by the skin of my teeth, but with the new AI, I might have lost by the skin of my arse!!!

I haven't tried it yet, but early war dogfights in the Pacific should be MUCH more challenging now!!! I always had an easy time with Zero in my F4F, as they wouldn't fly their aircraft with any smarts what so ever.l Now, I feel that the time of Wildcat 6 kill missions versus veteran Zero pilots is over and done!!!

Haven't flown any new birds yet, but shot down some TBDs and it was a blast. The Ki-45 is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Can't wait till she is flyable! The Z 506 is very well done too, and the new flyable ruskie bombers are works of art. This is no longer just a WWII combat flight sim, it is THE WWII combat flight sim to which all others will have to compare!!!
This sim has been just that for quite some time already....