View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 10:29 AM
Registered Member

I'd just like to note that I do not believe the critically low framerate issue (~1-2FPS in certain cities / areas) is entirely due to hardware, if at all.

My hardware:

AMD Phenom II x4 965 @ 3.4GHz
ATI Radeon HD 5850 1GB
4GB DDR2 RAM

Running on Windows 7 64bit.

I've tried running the game on various graphical settings (from low, medium, high in everything to mixes of things), as well as running the .exe as an administrator, launching at lower resolutions (Monitor is 1080p native), running it with compatibility modes for older Windows versions, and a few other "fixes" that were suggested by this thread's users.

Game runs at well above 60FPS at maximum settings in the starting area. The two times I have noticed it dip was when the day cycle turned to night - although that could be a coincidence. Lowering shadowing does not help.

I do not believe that a lack of hardware power is the cause of the issue. At the most, the process belonging to the game was only hitting 2GB of RAM with nothing else of significance running in my background (barring Steam).

The CPU usage wasn't really notable as doing anything crazy.

I frankly don't really care about the lack of resolution to this game's issues. But it sure is kinda disappointing for people who actually give a crap about these kinds of games. But, for all I know, there's better sims out there. So whatever.

Just thought I'd help you guys troubleshoot, as you probably don't have much of a community to gather support from.

That wasn't supposed to sound as insulting as it might.