View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 11:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAF_FB_Orville View Post
Excellent question Krupi (which I have actually asked Ilya before and received no response). I'm rapidly losing faith in CoD ever representing a convincing or immersive representation of the BoB without extensive community intervention (IE Mission builders, modding etc).

It seems one of the most pivotal battles in History (fact) may just be a 1c 'test lab' now, reduced to the status of Guinea pig....which is a shame. Tossing this into the 'that'll do' bin would be a mistake on their part. Please prove me wrong. Surely all new developments/features in 'Battle for Moscow' will be applicable to CoD, too? Madness to think otherwise, but these days I sadly find myself second guessing everything they do.
+1 to what uther said; you nailed it mate.
IMHO, the BoB side of this series will only truly come into its own once the community can work their magic. Dedicated groups working on areas such as the terrain, weather, effects etc could truly lift this game to new realms, as well as offering the users a lot of choice in how their game plays and looks.
Roll on the SDK('s)!