View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 04:01 PM
Approved Member

I'm not scared about anything concerning forum behaviour.... I'm just trying to exit the useless pro/con usual name calling and to try to focus on real concerns.

Online real concern is online integrity... and people playing with whatever mods they want offline isn't really my concern. On a ethical point of view, I also find that "mods" are bad, and I don't play with them, neither online or offline.
But I'm not a moral moron, and I understand other peoples having other ethical point view, different from mine... and as long they can't force me to play with "mods"... I can ignore them and keep my play and my fun right toward my own ethic.

So the important thing IS the integrity of online play, and the only usefull thing to discuss about.
Mods are around and will stay around, staying blind (asking pro-modders to stop talking about, banning them from forums) and sticking blunt on the moral issue will have no effect except keeping open and undiscussed the principal problem "how to avoid player using unwanted mods online".... and is NOT a reasonable attitude (IMHO).

Intolerance never help in any case. Discussion about the problem could at least bring "pro-modders" to realise the problem, and to understand our concern, and that this concern isn't a claim of childish whinner.

Nothing is "that simple", there wouldn't be so much discussion if it was.