View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 07:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
your complete lack of being able to understand even basic concepts is absolutely stunning, are you just pretending to be this thick or is this the real deal of what goes on inside your head ?
If there is anyone here who is having trouble expressing themselves in clear and polite language without resorting to insults, name calling and flaming its you, so can we reserve the thick adjective for someone whom it fits a little better?

Quote:
the comparison being made was between somebody using the printscreen key to cause some lag online, and on the other hand the situation we have now with the il2 code being completely blown open so everything can be edited with a few simple cut and pastes, including the plane DM and FM, weapons loads etc..

you really cant spot the difference there ? maybe need to call a friend to understand that profound comparison ?
That seems to me a pretty straightforward comparison...one is behaving dishonestly to gain an unfair advantage over an opponent in an online stuation...and the other is (I think you can guess) behaving dishonestly to gain an unfair advantage over an opponent in an online stuation...obviously the mechanism is different...but the results are the same...Cheating...you are capable of understanding that aren't you?

Quote:
i think it is also extremely rude of the hack kiddies to come here to olegs forum
Why is it rude for legitimate purchasers and users of a 1C game to come to the 1C forum and discuss it? Because they don't agree with you I assume...and you have already made it plain you prefer censorship over discussion

Quote:
Evgeny should dropkick the lot of them back over the fence and ban
(though one suspects that if you continue using abusive language, insults and misrepresentations...the only person getting banned here will be you, ironically enough )

Quote:
How do you think oleg feels about his hard work being vandalized and destroyed in a few months. do you think this is what gives him the motivation to keep improving the sim and make it better ?
I suspect Oleg is very pleased that so late in the games lifecycle it is generating such interest...a surge in community support through continued modding and the maintaining of interest in the series until the release of BOB-SOW will suit Oleg down to the ground...Its far better for 1C than the game withering away on the vine for the next 1-2 years haemorrhaging users. Don't forget Oleg was directly questioned on the Sound Mod and he only said that he disapproved of the unfair use of Mods in Online play...

Quote:
What are you prepared not to have included in BoB for the privilege of having the hack loophole closed again ? a few planes, maybe no dynamic campaign
Oleg has stated directly that there will be no resources assigned to developing any change in the encryption and that no further development resources will be assigned to IL2 post the 4.09 patch, so how exactly will community modification impact on the development of BOB-SOW?

Quote:
you have think that the hack loophole shouldnt be closed, and for the next 9 months till we get BoB the full real competitive users should just go and do something else
Cheating in anonymous open access stat-driven servers is solely the preserve of Online players...if the community has fostered a "win at all costs" stat driven mentality which encourages cheating, or it welcomes fliers who are prepared to cheat, then is it unreasonable to expect the online community to police itself, through stronger server administration, password restricted servers or a move towards more squadron based flying?