View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 07:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by micromancer View Post
The thread title says it all.

First of all, I technically got what I expected. A typical Men of War game: extremely tough SP missions (), the worst voice acting ever (yes, don't worry - it got even worse!) and the missions are unpredictable and imho pretty fun like they have always been.

But here starts my critism, I try to keep it constructive...

First off, this costs 30 €. For 30 €, we get 10 single-player missions that aren't even particularly long. I really expected A LOT longer missions for this money! I am only trough with the Vietnamese campaign now and I can only say: if the USA campaign isn't at least twice as long, it is NOT worth the money.
But OK, at least they are fun and challenging on hard.

Now: the games improvements compared to Men of War:
- erm.. there.. there are new HDR.. ah no wait HDR doesn't seem to work for me.. but there's.. well the new units don't have to be mentioned... maybe... no that's been in MOW already... ah I give up.
I couldn't find A SINGLE IMPROVEMENT upon the MoW game apart from a bit refined graphics. Want examples what I think could.. no SHOULD have been improved?

- The AI still fires on positions where there have been enemies before - even if those are long-dead!
- Rocket launchers ARE STILL BUGGED!! (they still lose penetration over distance) Seriously, this one got me enraged! In MoW it was bad enough but now - dont you even play your own game?!? Theres actually a tool-tip "Rocket-launchers don't lose penetration over distance etc etc".
- The AI is stupid as always - eg you can still mow them down with a motorboat - they all just charge at the coast to see what's going on
- Projectiles still fly in slow-motion
- everything else that bugged you in Men of War

And to finish this: no mod support and the MP is boring and crap compared to Assalt Squad (again, nothing apart from the units changed).

Really, I am a huge, huge MoW fan. I was eagerly awaiting this and prepurchased it instantly. I can only say: I have lost faith in you and am disappointed. Utterly disappointed. I'm sure support will be dropped, nothing will be improved at all and there we are. Ten new MoW missions with a dozen new vehicles and maybe two dozen new small arms. For the price of the full MoW game.

There's actually just one question remaining for me. What took you so long releasing this game - did you have like two men working on it?!?
Won't blind-buy the next MoW title for sure.
I wish I could take your comments one point at a time and take them apart with intelligent and thought provoking counter points, but I can't, oh wait Stupid smiley face. I'm a huge fan also and you make great points(Stupid smiley face) so i guess one of my reasons for buying this game will have too be Support.