View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 08:16 AM
Approved Member

Well I have to say I gave the 6dof a go last night(very limited testing) But it does work quite well(okay first thing I had to do was disable the roll as I dont like it) I flew a Hurricane and an a 109 around the new Normandy map(thanks Fly_zo great work) using VP's great little missions he made for it(was the perfect way to experience that map to be sure)
I found the zoom to be the best part(something I really liked from ARMA actually) It will take a bit of getting used too(the 109 sight is hard to line up) But I couldnt do anything devious with it like stick my head thru the glass or see thru my tail. Its very well done.

Xleit was absolutley right it is top notch and is definitely an improvement in TIR support but nothing more.

Combined with the Sound Mod, the Normandy mod map/Missions and the 6dof I truly had a wonderful BoB like experience last night( I FINALLY felt/knew a 109 was whipping past me there was no mistaking the sound)
I don't think I have felt more "there" than I did last night. THANKS to all of you for this work.