View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 03:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehawk View Post
Hey Phat,

Like I said in my earlier post, I've considered the mod for a long time, but as I really don't have that much sloppiness now (or, at least still the stock sloppiness) I haven't really felt the need to spend the time on doing the mod. Would you really recommend it?
Definitely, its quick and easy but only applies to the stick with its hall sensors. Eliminates any 'centrepoint' dead zone, it flows right through. Whether or not there is a 'deadzone' and having a sloppy stick due to spring weakness are two different things. My stick was very heavy when I got it but its nice and easy now.

My only beef is I can't find replacement switches nor the pots for the Throttle which, like any stick, wear out after some time. I've had my X52Pro for about 6 years and the rudders for about 4. One stick switch went 'sticky' about a year ago but has cleared up now. The X Rotary on the throttle has a worn centrepoint, too much elevator trimming

I would consider buying top CH stuff but I can't afford it.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders