View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 01:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojovtx View Post
Wolverine you also tangled with me and my squadmates from 5./JG27 last night. You really gave the four of us a run for our money. You killed my TG and put some holes in my aircraft before my wingmen could get you off of me. I think you even managed to damage one of the 109's prior to getting shot down yourself. We all made it back to base but the Luftwaffe is short one TG and some aircraft are in maintenance right now. We were all commenting on how this Spit driver actually knew his stuff. I tried killing your motor via nose bunting but it didn't seem to have much effect on your bird. Good fight and I look forward to sending some lead your way in the future.
Yep, it was a great time!

In that particular encounter, I was flying towards the French coastline when I spotted some aircraft in the distance. I was angling towards them when a 110 zoomed overhead of me. It couldn't have been more than 500ft or so away and kept going. I must have been hidden under the nose of your plane or else you'd have had all your nose guns on me.

We danced a while and I got some good hits, but your manoevers were good so I had to spend a lot more time managing the RPMs than lining up shots. At that point, though, my Spit had the advantage since we'd both lost a lot of energy and as long as I didn't stall it, I'd be able to keep on you. Your squadmates did a great job of lining me up. I try to keep a good situational awareness, but the first indication of your wingmen was bullets in my elevator.

I'm not exactly sure how it ended. I was doing evasives after getting hit (my plane was still functioning). I seem to recall doing an 'up and away' turn after gaining some speed and blowing past a 109 coming right at me. I lost a wing but I wasn't sure what happened to the 109. Did we collide or did he take the wing off with cannon?

Also in response to whether or not the 109 I shot down was flown by a human, yes it was. The stukas probably not. The 109 definitely. We chatted a little about the encounter just after it happened.

--

Great posts from everyone else in this thread. Combat pilots recounting their fights are always interesting to listen to - real or simulated. Let's hear some more!

Also, can't stress enough how much having a good flight model changes this game. I compare CloD more to FSX with guns than IL-2 1946. Flying the A2A Accusim Spitfire in FSX prepared me very well for taking the stick in CloD. If you're still having problems with the game (performance, bugs, what have you) I really recommend picking up the A2A Accusim Spit for FSX if you don't already have it. Absolutely worth the money and a great training ground for when CloD is cooked enough to your taste.

Last edited by bw_wolverine; 07-29-2011 at 01:29 PM.