View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 08:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDoggles View Post
That's literally the only thing I miss about HL. It was flawed on a fundamental level.
Hyperlobby is over 10 years old and has been generously given to its users for free (donations are always welcome) when there was no other stable/supported portal for pilots to meet and fly many different flight sims including CFS1. (urgh the Zone)......

http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?name=Donations

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDoggles View Post
Well for starters how about the fact that it can't count players who are ingame if they join via direct connect? I'd call that an underlying flaw in the design of the program.
How can it be a flaw ?
Hyperlobby can only connect and monitor pilots that join via the Hyperlobby, when the mission starts (coop) or you join a DF server it then closes the Hyperlobby until you (the client) has disconnected from the server, where upon it restarts its self resulting in no resources being used whilst you are in game, it cannot intrude on the servers network traffic to monitor all clients in session that are outside of Hyperlobby's network interface control and user handling system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post
If people want HL support they will probably get better results by donating a few bucks to Jiri and asking him to add CoD to HL, rather than barking up 1c's tree who, guess what, have nothing to do with HL whatsoever.

Not a good subject at the moment, I wont speak for Jiri but discussion was instigated (Luthier Oleg 1C team) and all I'll say is lets wait till things have become more stable and CoD is as click n fly friendly as IL2 1946 is before getting Hyperlobby set up

Although I personally think that if Hyperlobby was able to carry CoD into the community there would be faster tracks made to help debug and get things moving along quicker.

More direct help and support comes from Hyperlobby than any forum provides, there are many veteran users with a wealth of information and advice for new and old IL2 users
who might be having problems with the sim/game.
CoD would benefit from this user network across Hyperlobby, but we will have to see.

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 06-23-2011 at 08:50 PM.