View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 07:13 PM
Registered Member

Yeah, I agree with being skeptical of that trick, as I am myself. Although I've been told many times that it can fix some games, (and it does in fact fix the Scarface game for PC), it really doesn't work very often. Although when I reboot, and look at my task manager, it does show that it's only using 4 cores. However, there doesn't seem to be a noticeable difference in performance from my CPU, which there should be if it is actually cutting off two cores.

Anyway, it's a retail disc. I was able to snag it at my local game store (called Gamerz, in Des Moines, Iowa) for just ten bucks!

So far the game is great, but it's really irritating that I can't hear my radio and/or most of the character dialogs.

I'm not sure about sound card problems, as I actually have two different sound setups on this computer. One is a Realtek HD sound card, and the other (the one I typically use) is a Phillips stereo system with it's own sound card inside hooked up to my PC through USB. I've tried using my Realtek sound card, and the USB connected stereo system. Neither one seems to change anything.