View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 09:01 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
I believe the total amount of bases is still limited by the amount of systems you have even after you control a sector, and other bases have a higher priority to spawn. In both of my games I've had only a Research/Medical/Ranger base, and when I took the last system in a sector both a Pirate and a Military base spawned literally the next turn. The Business base only came back after I took another 1 or 2 systems.

Nanitoids don't heal you in hyperspace, but the little droids do.

Yeah, I usually try to pick things up on the side or behind with boost if it's a real nice item (like Lvl 1 Micromodules). I was wondering, do you use a nice high level scanner? I normally don't so maybe that's why I overkill things since I don't know what it will take to kill them. That and the low level shields, I tend to skip since it doesn't do that much early on (10-15% defense) and I need the space. The last 2 games, I kept them on though since I wanted to max out on my droid and shields since like you said and I agree, if you get surrounded, you'll get pounded for gobs of damage.

Another downside I don't like just using missiles is that the dominators destroy their parts pretty much the next turn if you aren't there to let them shoot you. Do you have a tactic for that? Most frustrating thing is seeing a nice lvl 1 micromodule and the blow it up.

You're probably right on the number of bases. I should do better in my current game since I'm being more careful, but it's still really early. Most likely, it's probably been a lack of patience after that 1st year or so when I plan all my moves more carefully. Once I start fighting dominators, it takes a lot of time/turns so I tend to just let it play out.

Was watching some youtube videos on the RTS games. Looking forward to playing that again.