View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 04:59 PM
Approved Member

Default ........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike
Dear All,
Quite honestly I don't have an opinion about hackers. All I can say is as I see it, in England a man's home is his castle. When you buy something it is yours to do with what you like. I cannot personally get used to the idea that you buy something that is actually still not yours even after you pay good money for it. Once you have paid for it the makers have their money and let's face it they even set the price for it.
With regard to the arguement about 'cheaters', if people know each other then why should they cheat?
Best regards,
SLP

The weak link in your analogy is that you didn't hack a file for your own personal use. If it was just that there'd be no problem. It wouldn't possibly cause problems on line.... It wouldn't cause a schism in the community. Your house would stand fine.

Someone else hacked the files and supplied the means to that hack for other players, thus affecting more than the 'house' you bought. It's caused a mentality and aura of suspicion. it showcases arrogance by the hackers blaming Oleg. AND if memory serves me Oleg said there would be possible 3rd pparty measures for the fututre of IL2. (Not positive) So it potentially affected his income.....

I have no personal opinion on any one who uses it, but I wish the persons who hacked the game would be honest and just say they hacked the game because they wanted to, NOT because the sounds were bad. That's the excuse. Not the reason

Hell if you're gonna hack.....fix the damn AI.

EDIT: I should say IMPROVE the AI. For a 6 year old game that started with a limited plane set and limited objectives, it's done fairly well. But I'm expecting more.... MUCH more with BoB. TYVM.