View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 06:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150GCT_Veltro View Post
Yes, and CloD took 7 years before release.
Game, set, match.

Sorry chaps, but I was one of the first people in Europe to play ROF in the summer of 2009 (having it imported from the States) and I guarantee you it was nowhere near as bad as the calamitous CoD release. FACT.

Blackdogs points are largely true, the main problem being lack of content. The circumstances of release were seemingly quite similar in that they had to release as an economic imperative....IE it comes out now, or never.

But by and large, things actually worked. Frame rates were excellent on recommended specs, it was fully and well optimised for quad core rigs. Ridiculous promises were never made as to content, and customers were never led a merry dance up the garden path. That is the salient difference.

I remain hopeful CoD will be fixed, but the fact is that the majority of people don't like being taken for Mugs, and sadly that is what has occurred. Penny for your thoughts Mr Maddox?

Oh, hes done a runner. Can't say I blame him. I would probably be too embarrassed to show up too. 'Photo realistic terrain, be sure'. LMAO. Instead we get 'Adventures in LSD Tele-tubbie land'. (I'll probably get ban hammered for that lol....but its true and the Truth has many Martyrs .)

That said, I've had some fun with CoD.....some jaw droppingly good moments but not enough to sustain interest at all at present. Very poor show.

Get well soon, CoD. I'll send you some grapes.