View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 06:58 AM
Registered Member

Default RE:_Help??? - Screen Is Too Dark

Thanks for the quick reply back, Trucker.

Actually because of how buggy this program has been, I have tried to uninstall & reinstall many different times. I've learned to live with the Bugs as my game will not patch. I have tried to install this patch numerous times moving it around from folder to folder, uninstalling the game and reinstalling to the Directory that it wants install to and re-applying the patch again to all the different folders in the game and so on and so on... I'm over it, I'll just live with what I get. I have a Saved Game directory that is quite extensive and fortunately I haven't run into a Cap on the number of saves that you can initiate.

If I could just see the game at night time I'd be happier than a Pig in Slop. And on that note, I have dug into my screenshots and what a surprise! I discovered that all my screenshots in Rig'N'Roll see the game as it is supposed to be...NORMAL!!! Wow, I've never had that happen. It seems that no matter what game I play (where I have taken screenshots) they always display dark and I have to manipulate them in order to lighten them up so that I can display or show them off. I have never had a screenshot appear Normal on this computer since I started using ATI Video Cards. 3DFX was my card of choice until they went Boots-Up (and I never had much luck with NVidia with the exception of the Riva TNT which was a great card for its era)

Anyway, getting back on Topic - I pulled 9 screenshots and Doctor'd them up to show exactly what I see in the game. Four in the Cab and Four out of the Cab - Day, Night, & Raining (and one just screwing around). And that wasn't an easy task either as I had to go into the game several times to get it as close as I could to what I actually see. That's why it's taken me awhile to get them posted up for you. As well as the 9 edited I also have the 9 NORMAL screenshots as the game see's them. So, that's 18 screenshots in all. I reduced them in size to 1024 x 768 so they should post OK. I didn't want to flood the post with that many pictures, so you tell me how you want them posted and Ill do it the way that you recommend.

If I could just see the game as the Screenshots show, I would be happy. There has to be a way to set the gamma somewhere. Every other game I've played you can either set the Brightness through a Menu item, or if that wasn't an option you could force it through an .ini file somewhere. And if that didn't work, you could always run the thing in a Window and let your desktop control the brightness. I can't believe that you cannot do any of that in Rig'N'Roll!

Enough of my rant... Here's a Screenshot of me screwing around - waking up in the morning after reading the latest issue of Trucker's News and drinking a half a pot of Coffee. Then stepping out of the front door to fire the Rig up. The 1st pic is the Normal one as the game see's it, the 2nd is what I see in game. And as a Bonus, I threw up a pic of my Real-Life day job. Yes, I am a real Trucker and have been for the past 24 years. I don't just fantasize about it...I live it!