View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 10:00 PM
Registered Member

Default Help??? - Screen Is Too Dark

I've got a problem where my game is so dark that it is difficult to see the surrounding world - especially during the hours of darkness. Daylight is liveable but at night, the game is almost unplayable as I can barely see anything. And if it is raining - forget it - when darkness falls the Headlights will not even illuminate the road surface, even with Hi-Beams turned on...

I cannot seem to find any "Gamma" or "Brightness" settings anywhere. The Catalyst Control settings do not help. The Game Menu will brighten or darken as I change settings in the Catalyst Control Center, but when I launch a game in either "Quick Race" or "Story" Catalyst Control gets over-ridden.

My question is - how can I change the brightness levels so that I might enjoy playing this game? I have done enough game modding to know that there is always a way to set the Light Levels in a game, but I cannot find them anywhere. The ".ini" or "bin" files that are not encrypted do not make any mention of gamma or light levels or video settings that I can see. So what do I have to do to make this game brighter???

- Will update with Screenshots -

Computer Specs:

Pentium 4 - 3.40ghz/1M/800 - SL7E6
ATI Radeon HD4650
Corsair XMS-3200C2Pro 3 Gigs memory
Windows XP SP3

Last edited by USA Trucker; 05-26-2011 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Relocated To The Proper Thread.