View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 01:38 PM
Approved Member

I'm not even in the mood to "reinstall" again, and luckily it won't come to that. I went ahead and ran the "PatchMe.Bat" file and it fixed the problem while still leaving my save games in place. I'm now able to run 1280x1024 resolution again and the menus show up normally.

It's unfortunate that for what ever reason, the developers released a game that has/had such great potential, yet they left it in a state of disease. There are so many bugs and critical issues with the game that often makes it unplayable, and having to reinstall your game every other week is not a good sign of proper beta testing. And the fact that the "patches" have all been unofficial public releases makes it worse. R@S and his crew have done a great job fixing what they can, but there's only so much they can fix from their end.

I don't want 1C to think I'm putting them down, they release some of the best military-related games out there. But they need to start booting some heads to get their products properly supported.