View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 07:56 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Truck
I'm almost positive this is the old demo. I mean, why would they make a new one, and not let everyone try it? Plus there are a lot of bugs. I wouldn't see bugs in the demo and expect them to be in the game.
I'm having a hard time understanding what you've just said. But in any case, to elaborate, I would say the following:

On the other hand, why would they present the old demo? Do you not think this is like digging your own grave or something? Showing something which does not resemble the quality of the final product even remotely? Just expose bugs and let everyone know it's still in development phase? If it was I to make PR decisions for the SoftLab-NSK, I would either say "we're not participating in Igromir 2007" or "we must bundle up a new up-to-date demo". Period, no other option. Following this logic ... they did participate, and this means what we see is an up to date demo. Besides, here's another fact:
As we can see from the screenshots, there's no rain drops on the windshield. And we've already seen working raindrops on windshields, so this means this demo cannot be older than what we have already seen. Can it be newer in this case? My guess - it can. And the reason we don't see the raindrops on windshield is either 1) because they've messed something up and this is a bug, 2) this was overkill for the graphics and they decided to take down this feature and 3) this is the result of some turned off setting in the options to increase FPS. I really hope this is 3). But it can be anything.
And also .... they did not participate on that plane expo in Russia this year ... why? Because as I said, they did not have the new demo. So then why participate in Igromir 2007? - Obviously because they did make a new demo afterall.

I just know that showing off an old demo is like doing suicide, apart from plain stupidity.

Oleg