View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 04:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heloguy View Post
In any case, the best option is to have it selectable as another airframe. The rocker switch on the throttle could also be another variant given that we have anthromorphic control as an option, although I suspect this was part of the auto mod. Either way, as far as online, servers could set how many of each type are available. Offline, the user could choose or be assigned which type according to rank, or availability (if we get a dynamic campaign).
Exactly my point of view as well. It's the exact same 3d model and most of the FM/DM, so there would be no reason not to have multiple variants. Same for the Hurris and Spits with fixed, two-stage and constant speed props.

Not all of these variants are relevant for a BoB situation, but it gives people all the right tools to recreate scenarios from early battle of France all the way to the end of the battle of Britain, seeing as we already have a sizeable map and ground units.

This also permits server admins to better regulate what is available for flying depending on the correct dates.

It could also be used in single player in a similar fashion to how the Fokker fighter works in IL2:1946, some have a telescopic gunsight,some don't and it's more or less random what you get with a probability based on the % of each variant historically used.

I think this is the best of both worlds and will prevent us from complaining about perceived bias in what side gets improved aircraft, with a minimal amount of effort on the part of the developers.