View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 08:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt_medina View Post
Not samething. Imac are not ferraries, that's what the advertising wants the crowd to think.

They are built with PC components with a way higher price and have less hardware per dollar.

I can tell you you'd be surprised that most of the IMac hardware would cost half the price on the PC with exactly the same quality. Yes, same quality. Because apple doesn't design the graphics card or the CPU, memory, PSU in fact apple doesn't even assemble it.

MSI, Gigabyte, ASUS, thermaltake, cooler master etc... that's what matters when you buy a machine.

I have been around computing since I was a kind and built myself almost every computer until bad times came to my life. I guess I can't fight the fact that most of the people can't/don't care to open up a computer case and really think what's really inside it.
I'm fully aware that the hw in a mac is regular stuff that one can get much cheaper elsewhere.
Like you I've built computers most of my life but when I passed 40 my priorities changed. These days I'm going for simplicity and carefreeness.

I don't change oil on my car anymore even though I know perfectly how to. I drive it to a mechanic and let him do what he does best so I can do what I do best. I'll gladly pay the extra buck it'll cost me.

I have an insurance that if I get a flat tire I can call someone and within minutes this dude comes and change my tire. I'll gladly pay the extra buck it'll cost me.

I don't care reading in on the latest techniques, surfing trillions of PC retailers websites, arguing at Overclockers on how to cool my system, installing proggies so I can squeeze a couple of extra frames out of my g-card, figure out what PSU will drive my stuff, etc etc.
I'm content with going to ONE website and picking out a beautiful computer that fits my need. A week later it is delivered to my door. I plug in one cord and hit On.