View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 08:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOleg
Hi,

Here's some "funny" experience... not my own - my dad's, who's a hardtrucker.

After a successful trip to Estonia, he headed towards Spain. There he unloaded his truck and took another cargo to deliver to Germany. After successful delivery to Germany he took yet another cargo and headed Spain again ... he didn't make it till Spain. All of a sudden he felt extremely bad and could not walk. That all happened in France. Just some passing by citizen noticed him and called an ambulance. They came fast to pick him up. Brought him to the hospital and did _some_ analysis. On the next day they said "You're Okay, you may leave today" and told him to pay 800 EUR !!! He did not have any insurance at that time. We immediately made him a high-risk insurance that same day he got out of the hospital. So he went out and continued his trip to Spain ... still feeling bad. After 5 days he made it to Spain and felt worse, and ended up in the hospital again! The local doctors said that the doctors in France were complete a$$holes to let him go in that condition... His lower blood pressure was 35 and he had internal bleeding which leaded to blood and plasma transfusion in Spain. Yes he has duodenal ulcer which got exacerbated And at this very moment, he's still in Spain in the hospital

Morale #1 - do not ever go on a trip without an insurance
Morale #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodstar
Heh, not so much of experience but my friend told me that when he drives truck in the morning he don't eat any breakfast just drive the truck and drink 1L Yoghurt. That's all till it's lunch time.
- do not ever eat like that when you're on a trip! That was one of the causes of exacerbation. Eat well. Rest well. Care about yourself.

Oleg

Oleg, I am sorry for your father I hope that he will get well!!

Last advice is good but those distances that my friend passes are not very big and obviously he can do that. He eat well for lunch. I will ask him is he still doing this.