Thread: demon line-up
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 06:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by impy View Post
all the best to all kbap gamers, but BB Shockwave, i have to disagree with some of your comments. First, hard and impossible difficulty are different and that extra difficulty will put those easy peasy strategies to shame. You say you got Reha scroll on hard at 21 level. The easiest Reha scroll is in my opinion at Elon between the two castles, and I don't remember to get it on impossible no loss until 25 level if lucky, more like 30 level.. Halving ability of archdemons is great, but in most of the battles you face huge threating stacks with much higher leadership than you have = no halving until later. I do not find Cerberi useful. Their damage output is low, and they die quickly. True, you can time back them or heavily ressurect them, but there are better strategies. Dangerous enemy range attackers can be always tricked with target or blind, sheep, fear. And inability to control the summoned demons is a hindrance? How? You do not care if they die, the only bad things I can think of are stepping on your own traps, attacking blinded unit, but again, positives of meat shield far outweigh the negatives.

As for the progress, I left the demon line-up at around level 30, since I become so powerful, that middle game became too easy for my liking. I intended to get back to it, but lost the save file. Then I was playing with single red dragon, got stuck at k'tahu fight, now playing no loss impossible mage, no kitting, no wanderer scrolls, no direct damage spells, no creature summons, no hero summons, no hero phantoms apart from paladin phantom purely for ressurection purposes.Quite interesting
I have to disagree alot with him I thought and still think Demons are the best troop in the game especially with that anga ring. Demons are the only units that use dragons (both black and red) like red light district hookers..fire doesn't do much damage to demons and the Demon unit is ridiculous with that retaliation ability. On AP I walked all over the lizard king boss in Reha. I've never used the Demon pooch just Demoness and Demons.