View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 02:22 PM
Approved Member

On another Ati-related note, i have a 4890 1Gb and while i don't get the horizon stripes, i get those strange, thin lines (artifacts) extending from coast into the sea.

I also get the issue where my clock speeds don't throttle up, they stay at 240 Mhz and that's a big part of what was causing me problems (i run an i7 920 at 2.7 Ghz with 3GB of RAM so it's not exactly shabby). I forced it to 850Mhz yesterday and i got massively improved performance, but overclocking through 3rd party software (ati tray tools) gives me some instability that results in the PC rebooting after 40 minutes or so.

I think it will be perfectly playable for me once they manage to make full screen mode detectable by Ati drivers and the cards start to throttle up properly as a result, since i was even getting no less than 20-25 FPS for most of the Black Death track and up to 60 (capped by Vsync) when flying in combat over land (just not at tree top level, it still stutters a bit down low when loading textures) with quite a few of the settings in high, a couple in low, the rest in medium and SSAO off.