View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 11:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
I was browsing forum, and found this tread. So i`ll share my bad luck with you ppl
PLaying Warrior impos/no loss, and found 2 Belt of victor. I thought great, lets have fun with 5th lvl units . . . in all game there are NO Orc chieftans not one, only 9 Ogres and 12 Trolls F..K. no Shreak team. OK i`ll go Dragon army . . . NO drakonix or Hearth of dragon F..K, whell i`ll go Dwarf army Giant, Mechanic, Droids, Alchemist . . . NO Royal hamer. FFS this must be some joke.
Since tread title is mele mash build, i went this way : Moldok, Paladins-Horseman-Orc veteran-Orc tracker-Royal grifins. With +1 speed from Moldok and +2 from belts my orcs were in enemy lines in first round killing all on their path. Veterans almost never got retaliated, Trackers were mostly suport, grifins and horseman were fast skirmishers, and palys ofc second wind and resurrect. All in all not bad game in the end
During play i found Princess set and both Assasins dager and Whip of pain, so i tryed girl power team, and laughed my ass of. Wood/Lake faries doing 120k crit , initiative with elven song 15 or more Driads mostly suport and suoning thorns to boost Faun who fit in that team perfectly with his sleep/nightmare abilities.
Shrek team is easiest to make since you can upgrade Orc Veterans (or upgrade orcs into orc veterans) into trolls, orc chieftains, or ogres. Then you can sacrifice your way up if you absolutely had to, but it is probably easier to convert Orc Veterans.

Yeah orc veterans are really really strong. I did try that once, but it was too annoying to resurrect units. Might have been difference if I had that second belt though.

Hmmmm yeah but it seemed pretty hard to get fairies up to +60 attack over defense, even with the princess set. And you needed about 5000 fairies, which is pretty much end game. Seems like that was the only way to get up to 120K damage per crit. I also hated the lack of consistent damage since the fairies would die so fast (even if you can resurrect, it means you got some rounds where you aren't dealing max damage).

That's why I loved the Ogres in the Shrek team. Ogre Rage works on RELATIVE attack bonus, not base. So he can double his attack up AFTER he has been frenzied. The Shrek team easily converges on the max possible damage. So, sometimes I have enough time to throw in Hell Breath or Pygmy.