View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 01:22 AM
Approved Member

Default CEM Hurricane Vibration and Smoke

Hey everyone!

I have been following these forums for quite some time now and there's quite a few people with tons of good advice, so I am hoping to get it on this as well:

When flying in the Hurricane and CEM+Temp Effects enabled, I do find it particularly hard to get everything set at altitudes above roughly 10000 ft. At first, the airplane starts to vibrate occasionally with small clouds of black smoke coming out of the exhausts, as altitude increases so does the vibration and the smoke. In addition, at some point the a/c will not climb more than ~700-1000 ft/min at all. That is quite a deviation from the specs in the manual.

Perfectly trimmed (as far as possible within the game at least), I can squeez out roughly the speed shown in the manual for the variant with the variable pitch prop (still a bit lower though), but once again with terrible vibration. On the CSP variant, I bearly manage to make it up to 476 km/h no matter what I do, once again with horrible vibration.

It does seem to be an issue with the mixture apparently but that leaves the question how the RL Hurricane could have a ceiling of 11000m afaik. Also, if you think about it, operating altitudes during the BoB ranged from 16 -20k feet for the german bombers, how could they ever fly let alone shoot at that altitude with that vibration!?

On the other hand, I do find the engine management particularly easy and fool-proof below 10k ft, you have to do a lot wrong to actually do some damage or fall out of the best performance envelope.

Just to clarify it, I do understand the principles of engine management and how everything is supposed to work in R/L, as I do have a private license.

So either it is me missing something or some bug in the engine management system causing this, any help appreciated.

Cheers,

H.

PS: During these tests, I noticed there is a complete lack of contrails (at least up to 22k ft.), what's up with that?