View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 06:39 PM
Approved Member

You're welcome Kolorabi, I'm currently downloading Fantasy Wars demo
Thank You really, because I don't usually look for new games, I'm relying on my friends and besides, 80% of my gaming time I'm banging constantly in trusted titles. Like Civilization series (wow, fourth part rips Your brain out ), HoMM (bloody hell, I wish there was a praise emoticon here, because for Wake Of Gods my fellow Russian gamers You have my highest praise) or other Myth.
I've checked thread on Fantasy Wars here and wwwwow! They write there that it's a modern Fantasy General!!!
Guys, I don't know who are You, but You're definitevely doing a good job in making games with a soul

khem, a bit offtopic, aren't we? xP

The game (we're back to the Ascension To The Throne)is in English Version, but I've checked and seen that some polish shops are selling polish version as well, but the important bit is that the game has an english version, and very nicely done to that. I had to check in dictionary for word "actuate", to make sure that it's not a misspelling bug of "activate" word So that means that the text is translated correctly and with a high knowledge of language. Speaking of text, I've found diary quite entertaining to read, which is not the case in almost all strategies I've encountered. All quests are described there, and updates to them while game progresses are logically added, creating mini-story of some sort, which is convenient to read while I'm having a snack or sth

..If I was to change something in the game, it might be an only insignifact, small add-on, an option in battle to have a shadow instead of a big, lively green grid. I just like to see range of a unit by darkened area, I don't need big hexes with numbers 1,2,3,4 on them (piece about the numbers was a joke )

Cool, 100% of 350Mb of Fantasy Wars downloaded, see You later