View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 12:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJGr.Ost_Caspar View Post
Isn't 'USN markings on RAF Corsairs' wrong at all? I don't get it.

EDIT: ah, reading in that other thread, I understand now: you want in fact a F4U-1 and so you were going for a compromise, using the Corsair MK.I. And you are complaining about the historical inaccuracy of your compromise.
Well, a decent F4U-1 default skin for USN could indeed help to make your compromise looking less like a compromise.
I have plenty of USN and USMC skins for the F4U-1/Corsair Mk I. I am actually complaining about the historical accuracy of the USN/USMC markings not the actual skin. The problem is that when you choose to "turn markings on" in the quick mission builder while on the arming screen; the picture changes and shows the correct USN/USMC markings, but then when you click on fly and the mission loads the incorrect insignia appears on the airplane when looking from the cockpit depending on the time-frame of the mission. This also occurs in the FMB. The '42 USN/USMC markings in the game never existed for the F4U-1 nor did the USN/USMC markings for '43 in the game for the F4U-1. The '44 markings in the game are correct for early 1943 only for the F4U-1 Corsair not 1944. By 1944 the F4U-1 was wearing the same late war makings, "stars and bars", as the rest of the US Corsairs.