View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 12:48 PM
Approved Member

From all my experiance with video games and system requirements I know for a fact that anything said my the devs are big sweaty lies.

For instance. Crysis 2 and Battlefield Bad company 2 run @ 30 to 60FPS on my 6850 BE (dual fan). That is on DX11 which btw eats card performance. Take note that before the latest drivers it couldn't even do 20FPS.

This game doesn't come CLOSE to DX11 quality games. It is just very badly optimised.
You also have to remember that drivers from ATI/nvidia can improve performance up to 20% or even 200%. I know this from experiance and if you look at release notes on nvidia they always have "xxx game improved by 10%+. Patches alone can improve performance greatly. As you can see this epi filter has managed to chew performance away and until they remove it we're just going to have to wait 5 or 10 years to play this game properly.

OTHERWISE without (and a few updates/patches it we could easy get 30FPS @ 1080p with a mid range $200 graphic card 4GB ram and QUAD CORE @ 2.4Ghz +. A lot of the strain on GOOD games should be on your processor, and it should eat ram up, then use the graphic card last for textures and things.

Last edited by sod16; 03-26-2011 at 12:50 PM.