View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 03:02 AM
Approved Member

Thanks Hecke, good article.
Very interesting,

Oleg:
"Again on DX11. We have a lot of experimenting with the interface and found that the API is relatively unstable worked. This could be due to the fact that we "cram" more than others would in DX11 games developers. We sometimes had the feeling to push at the other end to a wall and we dealt with concerning issues that were not ours. Therefore, we set aside the DX11 support, but it is still there as I write this (note: the interview was conducted in writing).
"

I seem to remember members of this forum criticizing Oleg for not implementing Direct X 11 in the release.

If DirectX 11 is unstable in this applicication (at this point of the development) then it doesn't matter what the benifits would be it would be just bad development practice to put it in.

I also remember people infering that because COD was implemented using DirectX 10 it excluded the possiblity of it being DirectX 11 compatable.

Obviously that is not the case.

Oleg:
"Fans of the series know that we continuously improve our simulations with free add-ons and paid sequels and they can remain confident that we have the current technology into account and thus continue to adapt our engine and to improve. The basic technology was also developed with scalability in mind. "

This is fantastic news, Lets all hope that CoD is successfull enough to have a long update and improvement history!

Cheers!

Last edited by Skoshi Tiger; 03-13-2011 at 03:05 AM.