View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Approved Member

It's strange how the further away an event becomes, time-wise, the more importance is placed on every tiny nuance of accuracy; as though this somehow helps us to understand what went down on the day. For me, a look at this artwork puts me right in the groove: this is about Spitfires and aerial combat over the coast of England and who cares if the roundel is six months out of date or 50mm too wide, it makes no effing difference at all.
Sure, once we get flying it'll be of some importance - but on cover artwork? I think not.

I'll tell you what I remember from the vantage point of being born four years after the war ended: men's underwear, and how bloody uncomfortable it was to wear. That and the feel of wet serge against the skin, and the pain of 'one-size-fits-all' ammo boots. In fact, the remembered agony of ill-fitting underwear far outweighs any interest I might have felt about how many rivets were in an average Spitfire wing, or whether the numbers were white, or grey or even pink.

Give it a rest and save your critique for the released game, if you need to do so. Don't think that the 'mistakes' that you perceive in the artwork are going to put off any but the most confirmed plane-spotter. Don't forget that the latter are a tiny minority of the potential purchasers - and most of them don't give a **** anyway.
CH Franken-Tripehound stick and throttle merged, CH Pro pedals. TrackIR 5 and Pro-clip. Windows 7 64bit Home Premium.