View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 08:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
If that's really the cover then we have final confirmation that Ubi does not want people to buy this game... the previous attempts were probably made by an intern, which was bad enough, but this one can only be attributed to malice
Well, not wanting people to buy this game would be a retarded business model when publishers must have SOME stock involved. I'd contribute the lack of info to a few things, one being to the UBI upper management trying to micro control 150% of that which is uncontrollable.

I don't give a ***K about cover art, neither do 95% of most gamers, but I wouldn't consider THAT to be the final box art....even if it was who cares.

The intention of EVERY SINGLE DEVELOPER/PUBLISHER is to SELL games, not...NOT sell them.

That said, the marketing campaigns for most games are HUGE and costly. Flight Combat sims aren't going to get the same marketing treatment that Call of Duty games are going to get. As a consumer waiting until a game is released is the smart choice. This pre-ordering phenomenon that exists today is just crap. You're either disappointed the game didn't live up to expectations, or pissed off your hand isn't being held through the hype.

LET the game release, read the consumer reviews, watch youtube video's of a final release and make a choice. Nobody is forcing you to pre-order to even make a choice to buy the game BEFORE it launches. Unlike 99% of games, in 6 years this title could still be selling, who's buying Call of Duty 2 now? Are you going to buy a car without a test drive, or a house after looking at a few online still photos??

Honestly wish this game would release so all of this bickering/nitpicking/speculation can just stop. I know i'm complaining about complainers, but jeezuz, I want to come here for some insightful information and I have to sift through so much bull $hiT just to get some.

Okay I'm done, sorry for that, but these forums are a bit of a joke sometimes.