Thread: Fool's Cap
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Approved Member

Bwah? Yeah I totally biffed the math there. I normally think of it as Base Damage + Bonus from crit * chance, so a paladin would do 18 base and 30 on crit, bonus of 12, so 10% of 12 is 1.2 = 19.2.

I'm not sure what happened up there.

I do disagree on damage of dragons though. Well, of Red, black, and Bone dragons at least (green are kinda more utility than anything else). The base damage isn't incredible, but:

1) Their normal attack lets them hit two targets, so that's a pseudo doubling.
2) All dragons have a special attack that lets them hit 3 or more targets fairly easily.
3) All but Green dragons have after effects that do nice percentage damage to stacks.

The all dragon army also has the huge advantage of not having any weak units to coddle. Just so long as you get target and Time back about 2/3rds of the way through the game so you can beat down enemies that can actually kill your dragons...

Edit: Oh yeah, and for Voice, I don't prioritize it over other things unless I'm using an all dragon lineup. Then it gives a large bonus to crit, stats, and heck, 6 rage, for basically my whole army (4 out of 5 stacks). It is a lot of runes but there are few other effects in the game stronger than it. Sure beats getting a few more attack, defense or Int.

Last edited by Zechnophobe; 03-02-2011 at 04:25 PM.