View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 05:44 PM
Approved Member

Default “The April 30th Push”

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQ59 View Post
Thanks for taking part in the mission last sunday PlaviKit! Great to have you on mate.

I think you could make a thread on this, and develop it according to what we did with the Husky-operation.
I know that a lot of guys (me included) don't love the idea of ending up on the six of a IL-2M or IL-10, but if they have a clear mission and restricted orders they have to carry out in a role of a bomber and rocket-launcher, maybe we wouldn't be ending up dogfighting them?

What do you think PlaviKit?
Thank you for reserving the spot for me. It was my privilege to fly with you experienced guys!

As for the idea for new mission, perhaps the name for it could be “The April 30th Push”. I'll start the new thread as you suggested.

Point about IL-2M/Il-10 AC well taken as I feel that many people do not like to see them in the game. However, according to the historical sources about operational use of that AC it is obvious that they had huge losses as enemy fighters developed tactics to defeat them. Then again, this is the game and IL-2M/IL-10 are not the only ones that are seemingly superior to other AC. I was wondering why “everyone” flies Spitfire in a dogfight (especially true in realistic mode) until I tried one. Wow!!! Well then, we could limit IL-2M/IL-10 numbers and clearly define their role so everyone agrees and is willing to participate. Also it should be noted that the rear gunner on IL-2M runs out of ammo pretty fast so if we play in limited ammo mode that in itself evens out the play field. Again all suggestions are welcomed.

I like your idea as addition to Olife's mission about the use of B-17, awesome!

One more question, is it OK to use your template as a mission outline?

PSN: PlaviKit