View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 12:55 AM
Approved Member

Default Interview with MIRGERVIN before the final

Interview with MIRGERVIN on the occasion of the upcoming final of the Ace of Aces Mustang Trophy Tournament, 27th February 2011:

MACADEMIC: Hi Mirgervin, in a few hours you're going to play the final - how do you feel?

MIRGERVIN: Yes I'm quite confident about it I know it won't be a walk in the park though.

MACADEMIC: When did you last play each other?

MIRGERVIN: Edal is very good the last time we played was a few nights ago. I was having a bad day I must say.

MACADEMIC: Were you surprised to make it to the finals, and that you're facing the same opponent as in the previous Ace of Aces tournament?

MIRGERVIN: I knew it would be hard to get to the finals this time round there are some great pilots that took part and I'm not that used to the P-51 as much as to some other planes. I knew Edal had a good chance of getting there too but I've felt this tournament has been very open for anyone getting to the finals.

MACADEMIC: What do you think makes one pilot a better fighter pilot than another? Is it a special talent, instincts, hard work? What is it?

MIRGERVIN: I suppose it's a number of aspects. Keeping your eye on the opponent is a must, also quick turning and I think one of the main rules is to keep the mind on the position of your plane. That is why I always fly in Cockpit view. If I fly in virtual cockpit I find it so hard to know what way the plane is facing.

MACADEMIC: Mirgervin, what does aviation mean to you? Did your interest start before you got the game? What does the game mean to you?

MIRGERVIN: I've been waiting for this game for years. I've always loved World War II planes. But this game has really made my love for these planes even greater.

MACADEMIC: Mirgervin, as a finalist you're going to carry one of two beauties home with you, either Estrellita or Slender Tender&Tall - which one is it going to be?

MIRGERVIN: Sorry, which is which?

MACADEMIC: The big blue nosed one is Slender Tender&Tall.

MIRGERVIN: Hopefully the big blue Slender Tender&Tall. I'm quite confident.

MACADEMIC: Thank you very much for the interview Mirgervin, and good luck for your match!

MIRGERVIN: Thank you Mac and thanks for putting this tournament on, it's been fantastic.

Last edited by MACADEMIC; 02-27-2011 at 01:56 AM.