View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 05:37 AM
Approved Member

Since there's two topics of joysticks, I posted in the larger one. Much stuff related to what's in this topic. http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...t=18710&page=5

The reversal bug has nothing to do with filtering. It doesn't make any sense. Even the slightest opposite movement (as opposed to giving some slack) makes the output make a big jump in that direction. With time if pots get worn out and it starts misbehaving, you'll probably see wild jumping up and down thanks to the reversal bug amplifying every opposite movement.

The reversal bug is like filtering using the wrong math and input, where it reinforces any pot problems and makes the control much, much more nervous and inaccurate instead of less.

I'm stuck with my G940 more or less for Cliffs of Duty, I mean, Call of Hannover, no I mean, Cliffs of Dover. It will support device link similar to IL-2 so I can probably adapt my multi-throttle tool for it to try to get rid of the reversal bug from all the non-joystick axes. If there is no support for the built in led lights, maybe get some functionality through the tool also. But it pains me to think of the hassle involved when none of this should be necessary. I just want things to work out of the box.

Btw, CoD will probably support separate wheel brakes. Those axes also have the reversal bug. But braking does not need much precision so can probably leave them as is. 13 out of the 15 axes on the G940 have the reversal bug.

Last edited by MikkOwl; 02-17-2011 at 05:40 AM.