View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 09:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
Yeah, Eventus may be a problem, but I'm more worried about Ktahu and Baal. I was not planning to use Black Knights... actually I'm not sure what I was planning to do for that yet. As for Eventus, I'm hoping a Phoenix and maybe a black dragon will do the work. I'll likely need to get Onslaught (bonus initiative) before heading over there.

My last game I really started to appreciate onslaught more than the dragon buffing abilities. Going first is VERY IMPORTANT to a mage! Even more so with this setup.
It was strange. One time against Eventus, he just went 3 stacks against my black dragon stack. BIG mistake for him. I just did Ball of Lightning to whittle him down to nothing. When the enemy stacks were sizable, I dropped Dragon of Chaos to help finish the job. Surprisingly very easy.

There is probably a way, but it seems very hard to win without black knights. In fact, besides verrry strange combinations, I don't think I've ever beaten Ktahu or Baal as a Mage without the power of black knights.

I suppose Baal might have been beatable with rune mages, but it just seemed too insane.

Ktahu's AoE attack is just too grizzly.

Yeah, onslaught is good, but it is only for the first round though and unless you got quickdraw or something else, it seems that arch demons will still out-init you?

I usually have the Black Dragon around as my "interdictor" and he tends to help me win initiative most of the time.